A UK Work Visa, also known as a Tier 2 (General) Visa, allows skilled workers from non-EEA (European Economic Area) countries to work in the UK. It is typically sponsored by an employer in the UK and is granted for a specific job offer and duration.
- Valid Job Offer: Applicants must have a valid job offer from a UK-based employer who holds a valid Tier 2 Sponsorship License.
- Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS): The employer must provide a Certificate of Sponsorship, which confirms the job offer and other details.
- Skills and Qualifications: The applicant must demonstrate the necessary skills, qualifications, and experience required for the job.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants need to prove their proficiency in the English language by passing an approved English language test or showing relevant exemptions.
- Maintenance Funds: Proof of sufficient funds to support themselves and any dependents during their stay in the UK.
- Health Surcharge: Payment of the Immigration Health Surcharge to access the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) during the visa validity.